Monday, February 15, 2010

quick action

Usually it takes me a while to finish things. I hate weaving ends, sewing on buttons, seaming and blocking. It's all too boring. But once in a while, when I'm feeling inspired, things get finished rather quickly. Those red gloves were finished in a flash - ends woven in, blocked and all. And something else got finished rather quickly, too.


My snow bunny from the second episode of Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou. First I used the figure-8 cast-on to cast on 8 stitches, increased 4 stitches every row for a bit, then 8 stitches every row for a bit. Then knit straight, then increases again and finally scattered decreases to create the round bum. I think it's a pretty accurate copy, except the nose is maybe a touch too pointy and the ears are a bit longer, too. But I don't think that detracts from its cuteness. I just wish the light was better.


No comments:

Post a Comment