Thursday, July 8, 2010

if i seem to have left the building, it's because ...

I'm insanely busy. From 8 to 4 I work at a library, catalogueing and making sure that patrons have someone attending to them during the lunch hours and then I head over to my second job, which is proofreading data entries for a medical catalogue. Then I get home, eat something that I prepared the evening before and half of which I already ate for lunch, do the most necessary housework and then work on my thesis. In between, I take naps. I take naps at lunch, I take naps in the streetcar on my way to the second job and I take a nap after I eat, before I do chores and thesis.

Which leaves me with about zero time for knitting. I'm lucky if I get a page done a day, yesterday, I even got to 50 pages, so I could start warming up the generator for the laser ... but I still don't know what I want to write on the moon. I'm sure everything will come back once July is over and the thesis is done :)

I did get good news today, apparently they're already done with the silly piece of paper I had to submit, but I can only pick it up between 10 and 12 in the morning, so I'll have to do that and stay at work longer, which means staying at my second job longer, which means getting home later, which means ... and so on. But I shall persevere! I found a postcard in one of the books I've been catalogueing and it said: "Work and don't despair!" and since these books are from my father, my grandfather, my grandmother and their parents, I'm taking it as a message from beyond :D

No comments:

Post a Comment