Thursday, February 24, 2011

all my moon base are belong to me

That's how it is. When I finished my thesis, it was something of a race to turn it in on time for it to reach the professor,  because he had to have it on a certain day or else my final exam would have to take place in May, meaning tuition for another term.

However, everything worked out, the thesis arrived on time, I was able to fix the date for the final exam and now I'm preparing myself for that exam, because noone told me that I would actually be tested on two separate topics. I thought one separate topic, but no, two. Eh, nothing big, because I know one topic already, so ...

Wanna know what I did until it was clear that my final exam would be on March 10th? I watched West Wing and knitted. One of my friends owns the complete box set and she said that I would get it once I had finished my thesis. So I did. So I got it. And now I'm on the first disc of season four, I knit beautiful fingerless gloves for my brother's girlfriend (it's her birthday soon) and I'm still knitting on a beautiful confection of a shawl called Gweneira, meaning snow white in Welsh. I'm calling it Rose Red, because my yarn is pink and not at all as thick as the original yarn - brushed alpaca isn't very available here.

Once I'm a little more clear on what I'm supposed to be studying for the final exam (I know what to do for one topic, but the other needs a little more research), I can start taking pictures of knitted stuff. I already took pictures of two finished projects, but I haven't put them up yet because ... West Wing. Well, I think I gotta stop watching West Wing anyway, because studying should come first, cleaning my room second (expecting guests) and finally taking pictures of my knitting projects third.

No comments:

Post a Comment