Monday, March 21, 2011

knitting statistics

I am a little ill at the moment, which I don't particularly enjoy, but I'm on the mend. Maybe I'll even be able to take some projects pictures later - after all, I finished a bunch of them and many still remain unphotographed. I now finally own a tripod, so taking pictures of myself actually wearing the projects should also be a little easier. And last Thursday, I officially became a Magistra of Philosophy.

However, I'm starting my 250th project recorded on Ravelry today and thought I'd show off a little. I've definitely knit more than 250 projects, but some weren't entered (because pre-Ravelry) and in two cases, two or more projects were entered as one entry, so 250 is the base of all the following numbers.







Of those 250 projects, 17 were frogged (so far - I'm thinking of frogging 3 further projects).
The oldest project added is this scarf-like thing, which was supposed to be a wall hanging, called Irish Cream.








 

I didn't frog it immediately after making it, it hung around in my room for ages, never used. Then, one day, I had an idea and frogged it so it could be reincarnated with some additional yarn as a Spring Blanket (which needs blocking badly).



 



7 projects are hibernating - they're half-finished or maybe even almost done, but I've stopped working on them and they've been languishing for a while. For example, my Kingfisher Socks need a second sock to be done.




 
7 projects are currently officially in the works, although of those, 3 have been languishing for a while as well and really need to be done. But if I put them into hibernation mode, I'm likely to forget about them, that's why they're at the top of my list. One of them is this Tachikoma amigurumi, a robot from the anime Ghost in the Shell and a birthday present for my brother that I started quite a while ago. Crochet just needs a lot more attention than knitting is all I can say ...


So, of those 250 projects, 219 are officially finished - now I'll split the 250 (219 in brackets) into different categories:
  • 19 (15) pairs of socks or slippers
  • 28 (24) shawls & wraps, a category including ponchos, shoulderwarmers and all the lovely lacy and non-lacy shawls I've knit so far
  • 50 (44) scarves and cowls
  • 52 (44) entries in the "Misc(ellaneous)" category, which includes blankets, bags, toys, potholders, knitted jewelry, cushions, cell phone socks and other various stuff
  • 18 hats, berets and headbands
  • 39 (35) gloves, mittens, fingerless gloves and wristwarmers
  • 34 (32) items of baby and children's clothing including baby hats, socks, vests, cardigans, pullovers and bibs
  • 10 (7) items of adult clothing - vests, pullovers and cardigans

And finally, let me brag a little more than I usually do: Of the 250 projects
  • 135 were intended for my own use or are in use by me now
  • 115 were made for or given to other people
  • 123 projects were designed by me
  • 30 projects were "modified", that is, I took an idea or a pattern from someone else and turned it into something of my own, so sometimes I will use a stitch pattern in a different project, sometimes I'll keep the main pattern but use a different stitch pattern, sometimes I'll change the shape from cardigan to vest, sometimes I'll combine the best aspects of two projects
  • and finally 97 projects were knit or started according to pattern.
And now that I've spent half a day on this, I'll go back to my 249th pattern, because it needs fixing and then I'll officially start the 250th.

No comments:

Post a Comment