Monday, July 25, 2011

small mercies

The craziest period is over, the more painful period of waiting is beginning. Will they get my application in time? Apparently the postal service shuts down over the weekend or something like that, but then, my thesis made it to Berlin in time, so I'm hoping the application will make it to where it's supposed to go, too. Then of course, the big question: will they invite me for an interview? And the biggest question of them all: will they hire me? I've done what I could ... I'd really like this job, but I'm not going to wait around for it, that would drive me crazy.

At least the weather has been cold enough for me to take up knitting again. That's a big relief. And I'll be able to focus on my other work again, that's also nice. However, the rain and clouds mean less foto ops and the stressful last weeks mean my room is in a state of advanced chaos (which I hate). So, when I can get to it: cleaning, not knitting. Ok, a little knitting. My most wonderful brother brought me some awesomely nice yarn from the US and I started a shawl for a dearest friend of mine.

I needed that yarn to cheer me up, because one of my favorite yarns from Lana Grossa has been discontinued - probably not sucessfull enough. I love it, it's light, fuzzy and soooooft. So I bought a large amount of red yarn and a large amount of dark grey yarn and I will be making even more cardigans. I'm starting to wonder when I'm supposed to have the time to knit all that I want to knit, but ... the time will come, I'm sure.

Now just to motivate myself to go outside ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment