Wednesday, January 13, 2010

D/B-Day


There's rather a lot happening in 2010.

Here's what Wikipedia has to offer. But honestly, I prefer the German Wikipedia description, they list plants and animals of the year (cormorant - bird of the year, iris - flower of the year, badger - wild animal of the year, clove - medical plant of the year, and ivy - medicinal plant of the year) and which composers and authors are celebrating their birthdays - Chopin, Schumann, Mahler, Twain and Tolstoy.

2010 is the year of the tiger, the year of biodiversity and the year of youth.

It also is the fifth year since I started knitting again - I learned from my grandmother somewhere between four and five, did some knitting during my teens, during my later teens, then in 2005 it stuck. I blame it on the internet.


And coincidentally, today is my 30th birthday.

The best day to start a blog. A knitting blog, although I guess I won't be able to keep out my opinions on movies, books, comics, music and other things out completely. A knitting blog that will hopefully not only cover the projects I'm working on, but also my thoughts on knitting, new patterns I've discovered, things that are going on in the knitting world and so on.

Well - off I go.

4 comments: