Thursday, January 14, 2010

what happens when Capricorns knit


Capricorns supposedly love to make plans far ahead of the actual event. At least I do. I like to plan ahead. I like to have a plan. Once I have a plan, I can deviate from that plan (although sometimes someone has to make me see that possibility first), but without a plan I feel very uncomfortable.

Now one of my closer friends is expecting her first baby. I love this friend dearly and she is also the first of all my friends to have a baby. So naturally, I have already produced a number of baby items and there are more on my list.

The baby is due at the beginning of March, so as soon as she's ready to actually be outside, it will be April and soon it will be too warm for knitted hats and cardigans. What's a Capricorn to do? Easy. Knit for the next winter.

I've knit exactly one cardigan for her to wear during the first three months, the ever-popular February Baby Sweater (pictured above). I didn't plan for it to be newborn size. It is a newborn size because I used sock yarn and followed the directions, except I made the neck bigger.  For every other cardigan or sweater I have knit I used the 12-month if not the 18-month size, because babies grow at different speeds and come in different sizes, so (for Capricorns) it's best to be prepared.

And yes, I am knitting all the hats in at least the 12-month size. But I am only knitting three of those to minimize the risk that they won't fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment